World Heritage RørosThe people and the farmsA house in Sleggveien (Slagg Street) – Tyristuggu – house no. 398

A house in Sleggveien (Slagg Street) – Tyristuggu – house no. 398

The houses in the upper part of Sleggveien have a great deal to tell us about a certain period in the mining town’s social history. In the small houses, that had neither cattle Houses nor stables, lived daily paid labourers, widows, other breadwinners and wanderers.
more...

Rehabilitation of Tyristuggu
Today, five houses with preservation orders in upper Sleggveien, are owned by The Røros Museum and History Society, among them is Tyristuggu with a preservation order dating fro 16th October 1940.
more...
History of the house
Tyristuggu in Sleggveien, house no. 398 is a wooden box built up of cog-jointed logs with a built-on entrance called a porchway. The porchway is divided and the innermost, tiny room with a hearth place was the kitchen for the house.
more...
The Inhabitants of Tyristuggu
According to the census of 1875 a man named Ole Christensen Hitterdal usually called Ola Maela (1826-1912) who owned house no. 398. He was married to Helle Olsdatter Faetten (1814-1884) the house had only one living room and the whole family lived there.
more...




Røros was added to UNESCOs of World Heritage Sites in 1980, refer also to Riksantikvaren, ( Norwegian Inspectorate of Ancient Monuments and Historic Buildings).
The content of this website is copyright protected.. Reproduction is not allowed without permission.
Financed by Kulturnett.no and Norges Forskningsråd together with Høykom.