|The King’s Mine at Nordgruvefeltet
A tiny community was sprang up in the mountains at the King’s mine. The first time that wood was used to ‘fire up’ inside the diggings took place at Arvedalsgruva in 1647. This is the eldest of all the mines in the Nordgruve field.
|The Mines at the Storwartz Field
The Storwartz field was, together with the Nordgruvene, one of the Røros Copper Works main mining areas. The field is situated 10 km. north east of the mining town of Røros, and comprises a total of 9 mines, including Gamle Storwartz, which was started up in 1645.